My name is Tom Ord. I have lived a lifelong ongoing adventure. Traveled to a lot of different places. Met many interesting people, mentored with some of the best leaders in business. Driven by an insatiable curiosity as to why things are as they are and what makes some things work, while other things take a different turn. Have enjoyed the study of history and appreciative of how events have led to where America is today.
The following is a brief recap of my life:
- Born and raised Aurora, CO
- 1969-1970 Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- 1970 Licensed Private Pilot
- 1970-1971 owned and operated the Oak Tree Leather Shop in Manhattan, KS
- 1971-1975 worked for the McCall Pattern Company as a Production Manager, first in Manhattan, KS, then transferred to New York, NY
- 1971-1975 studied at the Printing Industries of Metropolitan New York (PIMNY)
- 1975-1976 worked in the New York sales office as Customer Service Manager for Dittler Brothers – Miller Zell Printing based in Atlanta, GA
- 1975 graduated from the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York
- 1977 built a house in the mountains of northern Colorado in the dead of winter
- 1977-1979 returned to New York and went to work for CBS’ Consumer Magazine Division as a Production Manager for World Tennis, Woman’s Day and Dennis the Menace comic books
- 1980-1996 worked for Information Handling Services, Inc as Director of Operations in Englewood, CO and Libertyville, IL
- 1980-1986 owned and built a large cattle ranch in Black Forest, CO
- 1996 – Built a home in Fort Collins, CO
- 1998 – Designed the musical website ImagineABetterWorld.com in collaboration with former Apple recording artists Lon and Derrek Van Eaton that introduced their new album Black & White. The Van Eatons recorded the album Black & White in 1998 at their Angels Ranch Studios in Colorado with song contributions by Ringo Starr, Klaus Voormann and Denny Siewell (Wings).
- Klaus, Derrek, George and Lon at Apple Studios opening party London
- 2017 – Present Retired, traveling and living fulltime in my Lance Travel trailer.